Archive for July 2010

Monster Clay Skull

July 26, 2010

My first project with monster clay.  After visiting the antique fair and not dropping 60 bones on a cool skull cane, I decided to make one.  Not sure if this will end up as a bottle topper or cane topper.  The next step is to make the mold so u can do some castings of […]

The Tridge Monster – Results

July 19, 2010

The Raft Race was fantastic.  There were 8 boats in all.  I wasn’t the fastest raft, but at the Tridge Monster floated and I stayed dry.  I did win the Most Creative Award for my raft design.  All in all a great time and I will be doing it again next year.  I want to […]

Tridge Monster – HATS!

July 16, 2010

That’s right, Tridge Monster hats are ready for race day!

The Tridge Monster – RAFT COMPLETE

July 16, 2010

Tonight was a good night.  The raft has been painted and coated in polyurethane.  Kelly was kind enough to sew the tail fin and it has been mounted to the stand.  Now let’s hope it floats!

The Tridge Monster – RAFT UPDATE

July 15, 2010

It’s really starting to come together! Tonight Dad came over and helped me finish attaching the remaining chicken wire.  We also put in ropes on the left and right hand sides to make it easier to get in and out of the water.   Two coats of polyurethane were applied to the head in hopes that […]

The Tridge Monster – RAFT UPDATE

July 14, 2010

Tonight I did a lot of work on the raft. I sealed the caps with silicon caulk on 78 milk jugs. Then, using a gel based contact cement, attached them all to the bottom of the raft. I will be securing them even more with chicken wire. So far the left and right had sides […]

The Tridge Monster – HEAD COMPLETED!

July 11, 2010

Did lots of painting today. First, the entire piece was painted black with a paint sprayer. Once dry, everything was dry brushed with white. The teeth were painted solid white. To give it some color I covered it all in a purple acrylic wash. Highlights were added by dry brushing neon green on the teeth, […]

The Tridge Monster – ANOTHER UPDATE!

July 10, 2010

I was able to get a lot done today. The teeth are now attached. I used a bit of wire to attach each tooth, pushing it through the tooth and into the pool noodle lips. The eyes were also attached today and covered in mache. I had a bunch of cardboard circles left over from […]

The Tridge Monster – UPDATE

July 10, 2010

The progress is really coming along. So far the entire fish head shell is covered in six layers of mache, I created new teeth out of cardboard and have covered them in mache, and the angler support has been covered. I also picked up two plastic bowls that will be used as eyes. All that […]